I went to World Market and found these cute inexpensive drawer pulls. I decided to make pretty wine stoppers. Well, once I got back my dad and husband got to work so all I really did was pick out the pulls and corks. They came with pretty brass screws but they did not work will when trying to attach the knob to the cork so they ended up using regular long screws which look just as good and made the process easier.
The first experiment with trying to make the brass screw work was cutting the cork, using pilers to twist the screw into the cork and then shaving the cork down to fit into a wine bottle.
We decided that didn’t look great so we picked the corks that fit back into a wine bottle and they started using regular screws.